The Food, Drink and Cream Tea Tour
"Alex made the day special! Thank you so much! Highly, highly recommend"
"Our Unique Devon Tour with Alex was exceptional"
Ginny W, Illinois, USA
"Alex's tours are truly unique. He goes that extra mile and ensures an unforgettable experience for his customers"
Vanessa R, London, UK
"A grand day out! It was varied and captivating, just right in terms of activity."
"I would recommend Alex's Unique Devon Tours to those who are unfamiliar with Devon to get the best out of your stay."
"Alex did a super job on handling logistics and in capturing the day with his camera"
Cathy, Oregan, USA
"Activities that are great for a small group looking to celebrate a special time. Something I would book again in the future."
"Thank you, Alex, with all my heart!"
Moshe, Jerusalem, Israel
"Top marks for Alex and Unique Devon Tours"
B F Kelly, Atlanta, USA
"The best tour I've ever experienced in my life"
Tamara H, Weybridge, UK
"Alex is a wonderful and personable tour guide"
Jeffrey S, Florida, USA
"The most satisfying family vacation this well-travelled family has ever experienced!"
Paul D, California, USA
"We had a fabulous time with Alex"
Annick B, Mechelen, Belgium
"Thanks Alex for offering an unforgettable experience of Devon!"
Mitsi, Sao Paulo, Brazil
"We had become so enamoured with Alex that we felt like he was part of the family"
Shelly M, Minnisota, USA
"Guide Alex is organized, patient, knowledgeable, prepared, and unfailingly kind"
Kay P, Missouri, USA
"He is hands down the best guide I have ever had the pleasure to work with"
Desmond P, USA
"Relax, contact Alex and let him plan your unforgettable day trip or tour, you won't regret it"
Dee, Richmond, UK
International visitors to Devon are often very surprised at the excellence of food and drink that is on offer here, far surpassing their expectations of English food. A few years ago, local people realised that the produce coming off our hills and out of the sea was second to none in terms of quality, and now we have a very diverse collection of local producers and growers, as well as the top quality chefs that can then turn this produce into wonderful tasting food.
So a tour that celebrates this wonderful produce seems to be very appropriate, and Unique Devon Tours has put together a fabulous day out, which can be tailored to suit you. The day includes visits to a variety of local producers and food and drink related experiences. Guests can choose from the following:
- A guided wine and cheese tasting at award winning, and beautifully located, Sharpham Vineyard.
- A guided tour and tasting or a gin making experience at the award winning and beautifully located Salcombe Gin.
- A guided tour of Hunt’s Cider Farm, including a visit to their very old cider barn, where a tasting will take place (the Hunt family have been making cider in the area for over 200 years, so they know their cider!).
- A visit to South Devon Chilli Farm, where they grow over 200 varieties of chilli, and produce a wide range of chilli related products, many of which you can try.
- Lunch at Riverford Field Kitchen, one of the most unique and memorable eating experiences in England.
- A visit to Plymouth Gin Distillery, where guests can have a guided tour, and even experience making their own bottle of gin, should they so wish.
- A guided wine tasting at the award winning Le Vignoble, situated on the fabulous Royal William Yard in Plymouth, where guests can sample an array of impressive wines from the local area, or from further beyond.
- A guided tour and tasting at the exciting new Dartmoor Whisky Distillery.
- A half day cookery course at a wonderful, small cookery school, where you can learn an array of culinary techniques and expand your knowledge.
- A two hour cruise up the River Dart, during which you get the opportunity to have a fabulous Westcountry picnic, using only the finest ingredients (this is true luxury!).
- A traditional Devonshire cream tea.
- Depending upon time of year, there are numerous food and drink festivals that now take place in Devon, so if your visit coincides with one of these, it can be incorporated into your tour (just a selection: Exeter Food and Drink Festival, Ashburton Food and Drink Festival, Salcombe Crabfest, Abbfest, Dartmouth Food Festival, Powderham Food Festival).
- There are some fabulous food markets that take place throughout Devon, so again, one or more of these could be incorporated into your tour.
9.00 am – collection from your accommodation.
A day full of food and drink related activities – the rest of the day will be planned according to your preferences.
5.30 pm – return to your accommodation.
|What's included:||Alex's or Mark's services as your award winning tour guide, transport in our vehicle, and any parking charges applicable to our vehicle. We also provide complimentary bottled water.|
|What's not included:||Any refreshments, meals, drinks and any other purchases you make on the day.|
|Please bring:||Suitable clothing and footwear for the conditions.|
|Top tip:||We strongly advise that you start the day with an empty stomach, as you certainly won't end the day that way!|
|Price:||Because this is very much a bespoke tour, created according to your preferences, we're happy to provide a quote once we have an idea of what you would like to do.|