This is a wonderfully varied tour that encompasses so much of what Dartmoor is about, including myths and legends, bronze age settlements, beautiful views, country inns, desolate moorland and cream teas! Carefully selected photo stops and short walks to hidden views not seen from the road leave memorable impressions of some of the most stunning scenery in the United Kingdom!
A private and exclusive guided tour of the museum associated with the history of quirky and world famous Dartmoor Prison will fascinate you, and I’m confident that you will remember the whole day for all the right reasons.
However, I don’t want to give too much away as it really is a day to experience in the flesh, with some wonderful added extras. If you are a fan of Hound of the Baskervilles, you will also find out some fascinating facts about this greatest of detective stories!
- 9.00 am – collection from your accommodation
- Morning – drive across Dartmoor, visiting notable sites and settlements and more
- 12.00 pm – lunch at The Rugglestone Inn
- 2.00 pm – a private guided tour at Dartmoor Prison Museum or visit to Buckland Abbey
- 4.30 pm – time for a traditional Devonshire cream tea
- 5.30 pm – return to your accommodation
Price – £330 for up to 2 people, or £380 for between 3 and 6 people (which includes my services as your tour guide, transport in my vehicle including fuel and full insurance, any fees, fares or entrance charges which I would incur for accompanying you, and any parking charges applicable to my vehicle).
What’s extra – any refreshments, meals, drinks and any other purchases you make on the day.