This special and unique one day tour will give you a fantastic insight into the history rich area of South Devon. It can be tailored somewhat to suit your interests, but one thing is for sure, you will gain a great deal of fascinating knowledge during this day. Dartmouth is a town of great seafaring history, with the 12th century Crusades setting out from here. You will have time to get a feel for this beautifully located place, and your tour at the Naval College will only enhance your knowledge of naval and royal history.
Throughout the day you will see magnificent scenery, with photographic opportunities aplenty. Fine food, according to your tastes, will be on the lunch menu, as well as a traditional Devonshire cream tea towards the end of the afternoon!
You will learn all about tragedy of Exercise Tiger, and see the tank that commemorates the lives that were cut short.
- 9.00 am – collection from you accommodation
- 10.00 am – private guided tour at the Britannia Royal Naval College
- 12.00 pm – lunch in Dartmouth and time to wander around the town, enjoying the beauty of the location, the shops and the galleries
- 2.30 pm – drive to Torcross to visit the site of Exercise Tiger and to see the Sherman tank memorial
- 4.00 pm – time for a traditional Devonshire cream tea
- 5.30pm – return to your accommodation
Price – £360 for up to 2 people, or £410 for between 3 and 6 people (which includes my services as your tour guide, transport in my vehicle including fuel and full insurance, any fees, fares or entrance charges which I would incur for accompanying you, and any parking charges applicable to my vehicle).
What’s extra – any refreshments, meals, drinks and any other purchases you make on the day.
IMPORTANT NOTE – it is essential that all guests bring valid photographic identification with them to gain entry to the College. A passport is ideal.